Friday, April 11, 2014
Lately eggs have become my absolute favourite breakfast, especially these all in one baked eggs. And since Easter is soon this recipe can be used for an Easter brunch as well.
4 big eggs
2 slices of smoked ham or smoked turkey finely chopped
4 tbsp shredded cheddar
1 tbsp fresh parsley or dill finely chopped
2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
2 medium floury potatoes grated
1 tbsp melted butter
salt and pepper
butter for greasing
1. Grease 4 holes in your muffin form for medium sized muffins. And set your oven on 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix the shredded potatoes with the melted butter and split into 4 equal portions.
3. Form into the muffin forms to create a basket all the way up to the rim. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and you might need to put the grill on for the last 3 minutes to get a bit of golden colour on the potatoes.
4. Take out the muffin form and divide the smoked ham/turkey, sun-dried tomatoes, then break an egg in each of the baskets.
5. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and parsley on top, then sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and some pepper on top as well.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.