I moved to Sweden 2004, leaving the warm and sunny land of Egypt behind to realize that one of the biggest challenges in Sweden for me was to learn how to cook in Swedish.. This blog is to help others like myself and share some of my twists and tips on Swedish Cuisine and many more delicious recipes, not to mention sharing all my recipes with friends and family back home :)
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
The Perfect Burger Bun
These burger buns are amazing.. I have been trying out loads of recipes and mixing different ones together till I reached this :)
25 g fresh yeast
2,5 dl milk (37 Celsius degrees, finger warm)
25 g baking syrup (you can use honey)
35 g sunflower oil
15 g brown sugar
8 g fine salt
450 g unbleached flour
1/2 tbsp water
1 pinch of salt
1/2 dl pealed sesame
1. Crumble the yeast in a baking bowl, then add the warm milk and stir till it's dissolved.
2. Add the syrup, salt, oil and sugar and stir.
3. Add the flour bit by bit while stirring then knead with your hands for 15 minutes.
4. Cover with a towel and leave to proof for 1,5 hours.
5. Bring out on a lightly floured surface and form into a long loaf and slice into 70g and 100g buns (I make the 70 g buns for Ramsi and myself and the 100g buns are for Petter)
6. This dough makes 4 small buns and 4 big buns.
7. Place the buns on a baking sheet and cover with a towel and let proof for another hour.
8. Press the buns down with your hand or a plate to flatten them a bit.
9. Make the egg wash and brush over the buns then sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
10. Bake in a 225 Celsius degrees oven for 9-11 minutes or until they are golden brown.
and for the perfect burger experience here is the recipe for the burger pates!
This is not just healthier but also tastier and cheaper.. a win/win situation!