I moved to Sweden 2004, leaving the warm and sunny land of Egypt behind to realize that one of the biggest challenges in Sweden for me was to learn how to cook in Swedish.. This blog is to help others like myself and share some of my twists and tips on Swedish Cuisine and many more delicious recipes, not to mention sharing all my recipes with friends and family back home :)
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
This recipe is one that I did for the first time a year ago when Ramsi was sick and would not eat anything. He loved it and ate a bucket load and every now and then I do it for him. Along the way I fell in love with them completely.. these are delicious and melt in your mouth :)
2,3 dl all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder 2 tsp brown sugar 1 big pinch of cayenne pepper (optional) 1 egg yolk 1/2 teaspoon salt 2,3 dl grated sharp cheddar cheese 1/3 dl oil 3/4 dl milk
1. Mix all the dry ingredients and mix together.
2. Add the milk, egg yolk and oil and kneed for 10 minutes.
3. Roll out on a lightly floured surface about 0,5 cm thick.
4. Cut out with a cookie cutter (or play dough cutter!!! :) just clean it first)
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 6-9 minutes in a 200 degrees Celsius or until golden.