1 yellow onion diced
1 red bell pepper diced
200 g frozen haricot verts beans chopped into 2 cm long pieces
1 can chickpeas (410g) drained
0,5 dl chopped fresh coriander (or parsley if you prefer that)
1 cube of vegetable broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp dried coriander
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp turmeric (for colour)
8 dl boiling water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp butter (you can use vegetable oil instead)
A pinch of salt and freshly grated black pepper
1. Melt the butter in an iron cast pot then add the oil and fry the onions and paprika till the onions are golden. (If like me you don't have a stove you can fry it in the oven for 10 minutes 250 degrees Celsius)
2. Add the haricot verts, chickpeas and crumble the vegetable broth cube and add the spices and fresh coriander.
3. Add the boiled water and rice and stir.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on 200 degrees Celsius. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
You can either serve this as a side dish to some spicy meatballs or eat it as a complete meal served with a simple yoghurt salad.
2,5 dl Turkish yoghurt (balady yoghurt)
1 garlic clove minced
Salt and pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients and serve.