This morning we decided to make red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips, because we had all the ingredients at home..
The outcome has been very very good.. I just would rather use some colour paste the next time to make the colour more intense!!
180 degrees Celsius
100 g butter (room temperature)
1,5 dl cane granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp red paste colour
1 tbsp cacao
0,25 tsp salt
0,5 baking soda
1 tsp white wine vinegar/ apple cider vinegar
3 dl flour
100 g white chocolate chips
1. Mix the butter and sugar until creamy and light in colour.
2. Add the vanilla extract, cacao and red paste and mis till you have an even bright red colour.
3. Add the egg and vinegar. In a separate bowl mix the salt, baking soda and flour then add to the mix.
4. now you should have a nice cookie dough. turn off the electrical mixer and add the white chocolate chips then mix into the dough with a spoon.
5. Take a tablespoon of the tough and roll it then place it on your baking sheet. Repeat the process but make sure to leave enough space between the cookies. Press each cookies ball a little bit with your hand.
This dough makes 28 cookies. Bake for 9 minutes then leave to completely cool before taking off the baking sheet.